Thursday, 5 April 2012

░▒▓█ Don't Go Far Off, Or Maybe You Should

Don’t Go Far Off

Don’t go far off, not even for a day, because –
because — I don’t know how to say it: a day is long
and I will be waiting for you, as in an empty station
when the trains are parked off somewhere else, asleep.

Don’t leave me, even for an hour, because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together,
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift
into me, choking my lost heart.

Oh, may your silhouette never dissolve on the beach;
may your eyelids never flutter into the empty distance.
Don’t leave me for a second, my dearest,

because in that moment you’ll have gone so far
I’ll wander mazily over all the earth, asking,
Will you come back? Will you leave me here, dying?
Pablo Neruda

Or Maybe You Should

Run off far and wide, for many days on stretch, because -
because - I don't know how to say it: one is long enough
and I will be enjoying life without you, as in a delightful room full of goodies
when all the kids would experience permanent barriers to entry, dead.

Do leave me, even for a millennium, because
then the little drops of the stock market will all be suddenly peaking,
the gold that flows looking for a pocket to fill
in my shorts, touching my naughty covetous heart.

Oh, may your silhouette always follow you*,
may your eyes be ever sentimental and amorous,
For you will come back to me helplessly, my dearest,

because in that moment you'd have realised your childish folly,
while I wander smilingly and well-fed all over the many fun places on earth, musing,
Wanna join me? Could you really bear seeing me live happier without you, and being alive?

*It is considered bad luck not to have your shadow with you wherever you go. Don't leave home without it, and don't come back without it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment