Saturday, 31 December 2011

░▒▓█ The Shortest Therapy Ever - New Year's Day

I try to hold back my laughter whenever I see all those apparent overachievers who have been carefully preserving their lives being extraordinarily mediocre in everything ever possible wait unitedly with bated breath for The End - 31st December - to end.

When it does they suddenly scream like they had found salvation and strength (other than their parents), becoming just as permanently recharged as their peers who came out of Anthony Robbins' motivational seminar.  The euphoria usually wears off in just a few hours and of course for the nostalgic extremists, one day.

Then they'd be wheeling themselves happily back to the same behaviour set that consists of whining, drinking, longing and of course crying that they're most familiar with.

- Life of a Butterfly -

Don't weep at my grave, for I am not there,
I've a date with a butterfly to dance in the air.
I'll be singing in the sunshine, wild and free,
Playing tag with the wind, while I'm waiting for thee.

My tears were that of laughter! While I'd be playing diamonds with Lucy in the sky. Like real.

No comments:

Post a Comment