Friday, 25 February 2011

I was approached by a joke player.

In an arcade play yesterday I came across the usual bunch of clowns and losers (they are those same Asians I see everytime sadly), and one of them that I spoke to with a goodwill handshake weeks ago started approaching me about this Super Street Fighter II Turbo game. We had a conversation about it, he talked about the Internet links he accessed to get better and all, offered them to me, and I even offered to play him a few times just to try him out. From the total experience of our encounter last night I can surmise the following:

1 - That he's a nonsense no-life nerd like them all who started playing this game since '94 when they were kids. And even now when they're old and jaded white-collar salarymen taking their status literally to the game center after peak hours on not some, but most nights.

2 - He's a percentage player just like them no matter what he says.

3 - The percentage clique that he belongs to as I thought is conceited despite their nondescript uniform character adoption and styles.

4 - Despite being seemingly good at Super Turbo he feels to my surprise, crushed at my simple proposition of buying a Super Turbo arcade machine (which also means he can't afford it). Tells a lot.

The only thing I agree with the British otaku ghetto-game whore Rakurai is that ultimately, in any game, you are your own teacher. As regards to learning curve I'm still a bit uncertain, but for now mainly I'd just say I don't like being told what to do, especially by people whom I suspect are laughably in the end your same unobjective and the tried and proven majority rule types. And what's there to improve for a game of no-profit? And when it is a game. If using those shotos and high-tiered characters (even hilariously at Turbo 1) is what it takes to be a pro pro pro, then I won't want to be one.

I'd do things my best and in my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment