Friday, 3 September 2010

░▒▓█ At long last

To be honest with you, I have always wanted to capture a no-lag video of myself winning in Street Fighter Alpha 3 using Dan, and especially V-ism Dan. Even if I don't do much combos (like he has lots to begin with) and I use an extremely old, BLOCKY and cranky keyboard.

Photobucket
Auspicious beginning of a first Dan Derby with a player from South Korea.


Because I wanted his original colour (which also means I HAVE to take Z-ism whether I like it or not) and HE took it, so I have no choice but to teach him a very good lesson.

Photobucket
Love his airborne attack





Photobucket
that lands a 3-hit on heavy kick execution.





Photobucket
See how powerful his move is?





Photobucket
Tough luck boy.





Photobucket
An opening.





Photobucket
Here I come!!!





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yeeah hah!!!





Photobucket
So how did it taste? Was it wonderful !! ?


I have to say, I owe it all to him for this success. Had he also not picked the original version I wouldn't have been inspired to choose his Custom Combo version, and pull out stuff like this.

Photobucket
There, I win.





Photobucket
And the winner statistics. But the recording is a bit crap, so.




Photobucket
An unexpected question.


After one more game where I won as well, and the recording quality seemed to be going nowhere near flawless I said "good games and thanks" in his language before I left. It was a nice fight with him, but with imperfect recordings it is a pointless waste of time.

Actually, my first Dan win online was in Street Fighter Alpha 2, against a Japanese player. Because the Alpha series is more ghetto than even Third Strike online, few people participate, and out of the few, they are the extremely hardcore players from Japan who give no chances. And because the Alpha series beyond the first had become more complex what with the advent of custom combos and all, plus the fact that I use the keyboard while they use sticks and pads AND the fact that the keyboard controls are anathema to Custom Combo activation in Alpha 2 (the stupid joint press of three different buttons didn't help things any better) I am EXTREMELY disadvantaged when I fight them. But, I still do it, because I want to try, challenge myself, and not give up. They can do whatever they like in this charity that I show them, and I'd still try to beat them anyway.

Photobucket
You see a first Dan win coming in Street Fighter Alpha 2 against the Japanese boy heh heh heh.





Photobucket
Super Finish!!!





Photobucket
No more children.





Photobucket
Signature Pain.





Photobucket
Dan's heartfelt advice to the Soviet Terror.





Photobucket
Zangief defeated on a second victory for the day.
"Go home and be your Mama's boy!"


Photobucket
Argh Ken is lame but oh well.





Photobucket
Hyyyyaaaaaahhh!!!!!!





Photobucket
Mighty Dan Kick on Ryu.





Photobucket

Photobucket
Every anti-shoto player would love to do this as a finishing move to these turtles.





Photobucket
Hahahaha as if that virgin nerd is actually classifiable under Japanese labor statistics.





Photobucket
X2 to the Eastern terrors!!!!!!


I am glad to share with you that, after so many tries and unsuccessful and imperfect recordings... it has finally been done!!! And against the opponent that is from Japan. Marvellous!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Closing up.



Photobucket
Cheap!! But I win.
Photobucket
!!



Photobucket
You got dust on your face...
You big disgrace!!





Photobucket
We will we will... rock you!!!


The fight with Vega is the real one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Two rounds won on Custom Combo Finishes. I am content.





Photobucket
Good enough.


I have seen people play from around the world and I have always wondered why no one including those who believe they are pros would choose Dan at all, and in the few that do, there is no one I have ever seen who takes the Custom Combo version. Why is that? And it's just a game isn't it? You mean you think you are good, but you acknowledge that you are not good enough to use much less understand the lowest-tier character and its fighting style? Pathetic!

A Japanese I fought in the Street Fighter Alpha 2 domain tried using Dan as a comeback, but because he tried to do combos like he would with his Ryu he kept failing and I could tell that he lost interest. Hmm, combos do not a fighter maketh. People who rely a lot on it to win I think, are failures and one of those dime-a-dozen safe-but-boring conformist players that have no ability to explore new and different things, even if that would sometimes come with limitations and greater challenges and in ways that are unexpected. People, even among few that play this silly game compared to the much-more-popular Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

The Asian level in the Zero/Alpha series like those two has always been the highest, and I noticed that in Zero 3 the game is much more complex than even Third Strike, that I manage the least proficiently outside of the arcade and even joypad controls (let alone keyboard I invariably take to online). For the most part I need real controls to play Alpha 3 like I do outside against other Asian players, some of these hardcore types that I have also already defeated.

But when playing it online I try to enjoy myself and do my best, and I have no regrets about anything. I tell my naughty cousin the same too. Those who go too deeply but still gained nothing in the real material world like the stupid nerds that we all know are more and more concerned about winning, talking shop (I hate hearing about this and the mentioning of Jap tournament players the most), their "reputation" (like it really matters), the fear of trying out different things just so that they would look bad and lose in front of everyone etc... they really have a life.

I strive to be better, but I am not interested to be like any of them.

Photobucket
Dan: King of Goof Ups, Grand Exponent of Broken (disconnected) Combos, Tireless Executor of Random Moves, Street Fighting Style Police, God of Spam


PS I actually went to beat Akuma in the first Zero game in one credit on Expert Mode (even though I just made him fight me on my sunset stage in Thailand) JUST to get his picture in full blue glory. Can't note any lack of dedication here on my part.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Beating Sagat on Expert Mode on my FIRST TRY, just to get some differently-animated pictures of him in his custom green gi (but there were none, damn!). Whoo hoo!!!

Photobucket

There, he is the strongest, depending on who uses him hahaha.




Photobucket
An excerpt shot from a fight against Akuma on Expert Mode as well in Zero 3, just for the novelty of it.





Photobucket
Yaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!





Photobucket
Remember this picture where the weakest has defeated the strongest.





Photobucket
Chaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!





Photobucket
Shaaaaaa!!!! I'm not Japanese, so. I. Don't. Care.



Photobucket

I get this crap message even though my score was higher than Charlie's. Well at least the Master decoration remains unchanged ~




PhotobucketFor the haters this guy beats Dan easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment